|Right after the proposal!|
I knew that I wanted a long engagement since I was still in school. My fiancé' and I have lived together for years and basically function as a married couple already so we just were not in any hurry to make it "official". Anyway, we set our date for July 15, 2017, giving us a 3ish year engagement.
|The Ring :)|
Since the wedding is so far away, I have basically remained in the brainstorming stage of wedding planning. I have an overall vision of what I want, I just have to figure out the details. We will be paying for the wedding ourselves so we also have to figure out a budget and open a wedding savings account.
So far, here is what I know (or at least what I think I know)…
- I want to have a beach wedding but not your typical beach-themed wedding. I want it to be more glitter and glamourous, less starfish and seashells
- Colors: whites, blush, gold and/or rose gold.
- Ceremony at sunset and let the reception to go into the night.
- Releasing of lanterns
- Two dresses… one mermaid, one princess-ish
- There should be alcohol flowing! I want people to have a good time and dance late into the night
- Under 100 guests, probably under 75
- I've considered blush bridesmaids dresses, but I've also seen gold sequined ones I love. I know I want them to be floor length.
- My brother will walk me down the isle
- I would like to have a beach bon-fire, maybe with s'mores!
- My fiancé is set on having a whole roasted pig
- I am a huge fan of tulle, for dresses and decor
- All white wedding cake
- Lana Del Rey's 'Young and Beautiful' will be our first dance song
I can't wait to start the actual planning process. Let me know what you think of my vision so far! Also, if you have recently planned a wedding or if you are currently, please leave me some advice!!
Check out my Pinterest wedding board: http://www.pinterest.com/annadeeeee/the-perfect-day-3/