Monday, December 22, 2014

My Whimsical Wedding Vision

My fiancé and I got engaged in February 2014 at sunset in my hometown Orange Beach, Alabama.

Right after the proposal!

I knew that I wanted a long engagement since I was still in school. My fiancé' and I have lived together for years and basically function as a married couple already so we just were not in any hurry to make it "official". Anyway, we set our date for July 15, 2017, giving us a 3ish year engagement.

The Ring :)


Since the wedding is so far away, I have basically remained in the brainstorming stage of wedding planning. I have an overall vision of what I want, I just have to figure out the details. We will be paying for the wedding ourselves so we also have to figure out a budget and open a wedding savings account.

So far, here is what I know (or at least what I think I know)…

  • I want to have a beach wedding but not your typical beach-themed wedding. I want it to be more glitter and glamourous, less starfish and seashells
  • Colors: whites, blush, gold and/or rose gold. 
  • Ceremony at sunset and let the reception to go into the night.
  • Releasing of lanterns 
  • Two dresses… one mermaid, one princess-ish 
  • There should be alcohol flowing! I want people to have a good time and dance late into the night
  • Under 100 guests, probably under 75
  • I've considered blush bridesmaids dresses, but I've also seen gold sequined ones I love. I know I want them to be floor length.
  • My brother will walk me down the isle
  • I would like to have a beach bon-fire, maybe with s'mores!
  • My fiancé is set on having a whole roasted pig
  • I am a huge fan of tulle, for dresses and decor
  • All white wedding cake
  • Lana Del Rey's 'Young and Beautiful' will be our first dance song
I can't wait to start the actual planning process. Let me know what you think of my vision so far! Also, if you have recently planned a wedding or if you are currently, please leave me some advice!! 

Check out my Pinterest wedding board: http://www.pinterest.com/annadeeeee/the-perfect-day-3/















xoxo anna



No comments:

Post a Comment