Tuesday, December 16, 2014

a bit of voodoo magic

Welcome, all!

My name is Anna and I am lost...

Let me attempt to catch you up… I graduated in 2012 from the University of Alabama at Birmingham with a B.S. in psychology. After graduation, I was accepted to Tulane Law School. I packed my bags, and headed south to the Crescent City. New Orleans was the land of jazz, booze, and (unbeknownst to me) my demise. But more on that…later.




When I naively arrived to town, I had everything I had ever wanted and that I had worked so hard for. A scholarship to a tier-one law school, a loving and handsome fiancĂ©', and an entire room dedicated to my plethora of shoes. I lived in a breathtaking city with hundred-year old oaks, live jazz, and drive-thru daiquiri shops. The voodoo must have been in my favor, I was one of the lucky ones.

Eventually I will fill in the blanks of the journey that took me from being ohso lucky to being ohso lost. For now you should know, I went through one of the darkest points of my life. I almost gave up.

Then, I was chaotically stagnant.

I needed a change of scenery so I fled for the gulf coast of Florida. It is the perfect place for me, for now. My move was motivated mainly by the fact that being close to the sea makes me feel alive no matter the other circumstances of my life. I wake up every day to beauty. I have friends I like to drink tequila with. I laugh into the night. I have a lover who adores me and keeps me safe. I am finding my way. Slowly yet surely, I am finding my lucky voodoo again.

As for law school? I decided becoming a lawyer was simply not the path for me. The long and short of it is that I have always been more of a Carrie than a Miranda.



Which leads me finally to this blog, my first blog. I'm inviting you to come on a journey with my to explore my passions, share my interests, and hopefully become my friend. I'm armed with an arsenal of beauty products, a few good books, a wedding to plan,a macbook pro, and just a little sprinkle of voodoo magic.  Come with me?

xoxo
anna <3






disclaimer: this blog is not going to be a day-to-day narrative of my life. it is going to focus on the things i am passionate about. namely: style, reading(book reviews/discussion), beauty tutorials, beauty product reviews, cooking, fitness, wedding planning,etc… for this first post i felt like sharing a little about myself because i know many of my readers will be able to relate. i will periodically post anecdotes to add to my backstory, feel free to skip over if you are not interested. xoxo.









No comments:

Post a Comment